The Viper torque converter from Precision Industries is designed for the Dodge Cummins series of diesel trucks. Since 1992 the Dodge turbo-diesel has had a variety of performance and reliability issues, with the torque converter especially prone to failure. The stock torque converter tends to become too loose, generate heat, crack the front cover, or completely self-destruct. The Viper torque converter from Precision Industries resolves those issues with improved performance and reliability.
The Viper torque converter includes the following advantages:
- Single piece steel billet cover
- Clutch driver with superior 40 round lug contact point design with a total contact area of .935 sq. in, improving on the 30 square lug contact point design with only .600 sq. in.
- Computer designed stator and stator races for diesel application
- Special clutch assembly to withstand extreme abuse of heavy towing or sled pulling
- Clutch friction with total contact area of 140+ sq in.
- Furnace-brazed impeller and turbine for maximum vortex fluid flow and strength
- Special formulated friction material for handling high temperatures, with best holding characteristics of any friction material made
These features provide increased mileage, improved acceleration from a dead stop, better protection against overheating when pulling heavy loads in traffic in hot weather, and no turbo lag.
Custom stalls are available from 1600-3000 rpm.
Viper converters are backed by a 5-year manufacturer’s warranty and one free stall adjustment within two years of purchase.